Free Training Part One: ‘The Of Sleights and Men’ Podcast
If you haven’t checked out our podcast already, here’s your chance!
We like to dig deep into other experiences, hobbies and talents your favorite magicians have…and how those interests have made them better magicians.
In the archive of episodes, you’ll be able to discover…
– David Regal’s insights on producing great TV shows (and how to harness that power in your magic performances)
– Steven Bridges on the similarities between writing emails and street busking
– How Roberto Giobbi went from selling floppy disks to a world-class magician
– Alice Paihlès on the hidden psychology of misdirection
– Andi Gladwin on the one skill that history’s greatest magicians and computer programmers nearly always have in common
– Moritz Mueller on long distance running and the ‘metrics’ of magic
– Michael Rubinstein on writing a magic book and his career as a medical professional
– Danny Goldsmith on what magic and meditation have in common
Here’s the link for Apple Podcasts:
Here’s the link for Spotify:
Free Training Part Two: ‘Thinking Differently’ Our 50+ Minute Masterclass
In this audio training we discuss:
- The origin of our ‘thinking differently’ technique, and how you can implement it in your magic
- Why reading magic books won’t help you outperform other magicians
- Why magicians get ‘trapped’ inside magic (and why this attitude is wrong)
- A concept we borrowed from a book called ‘The Lean Startup’ that can shave months off of the time it takes you to build a new act (the same strategy used by the world’s most innovative Silicon Valley tech companies)
- How the business strategy of ‘pivoting’ can create memorized deck miracles that are truly ‘one of a kind’
- An exercise used by attendees of $25,000 price seminars that shows you how to dramatically improve your skill set…by learning about hobbies you have ZERO interest in!
- How to get 50% better at magic without putting in crazy amounts of work (we discovered this by reading a book about business management called ‘The Personal MBA’ live on the call)
Free Training Part Three: Andi Gladwin on Life vs Work vs Magic (and the HUGE lessons we took from it)
In this training, we discuss…
- Andi’s advice on ‘work/life balance’ as a magician (and why he’s the wrong person to ask for advice on this topic!
- How Andi takes his mind off of running a magic company (the answer will make you laugh, then you’ll realise how fitting it is)
- The real reason Andi physically can’t stop working on magic (if you have this attitude too, you’re doing it right)
- Our most hard-won discoveries on staying motivated to practice magic (and why ‘motivation’ itself is the WRONG thing to focus on)
- How to do 34 habits every single day—without EVER missing a day (this is Benji’s ‘secret weapon’)
ONE DAY ONLY SPECIAL BONUS TRAINING: David Regal, the story he hates to tell but taught him a HUGE magic lesson.
Where he revealed…
- What nearly all students of the ‘arts’ have in common (that most magicians don’t do enough of)
- David’s problem with the way magicians think about ‘stories’ (and what the REAL definition of story is in magic)
- The story from David’s ‘early years’ that contains the BEST advice he’s ever been given—that also happened to be the hardest to hear! (David was reluctant to share this story, but it has the power to change your magic)
- Why just practicing the ‘moves’ of an effect is not NEARLY enough
- A single sentence Meir Yedid told David that has the power to affect EVERY routine you create from this point onward
To get in touch, email: