One MASSIVE perk of running a magic company are the people, methods and free advice we are privy to each and every day!
- If we want to learn the method for some effect we’re fascinated by—we probably can.
- We often hear about the latest magic news before anyone else.
- If we need advice on something there are 20+ top level artists we can ask for help.
Now you’re probably thinking:
“Wow that’s great for you ***holes, but are you just flexing or is there a point to all this?”
If I could bottle up a magic genie and send it to all my subscribers, to eternally help them perform magic of their wildest dreams, then I would (so sign up now)!
But for now you’re going to have to settle for something different…
Or someone different…
Let me introduce you to Rory Adams.
Rory has spent a decade writing and producing magic tricks for magicians like Justin Willman, Dynamo, and Neil Patrick Harris and consulting for TV personalities like Gordon Ramsay.
That’s pretty incredible, but it gets even better (for us)…
Rory is the creator of a brand called ‘One Ahead’
Over the past year this project has evolved A LOT—and recently it’s gotten so darn good, we’ve felt compelled to write a review for it…
Here it is:
One Ahead is a membership set up to make you the smartest magician in the room, by connecting you to some of the best minds in magic.
As a One Ahead subscriber:
- You will learn some of the most famous methods ever devised (often used on TV to fool audiences of MILLIONS!)
- You will know the latest news before everyone else (from upcoming product releases to Supreme Court cases against magicians!)
- You will get constant top-level articles from high level writers (who would usually charge $3000+ a day for their consultancy)
The very minds who charge $10,000+ to work with famous magicians, will be at One Ahead ready to share their knowledge, wisdom and passion for magic with YOU!
Don’t believe me…
Here’s what people have to say about Rory and his work:
- “Rory is one of the world’s best consultants, which makes him brilliant at teaching fooling tricks, sharing secret magic theory and breaking down the foundations of great magic.” – Lloyd Barnes
- ‘”Love Rory’s writing because he’s one of the few people who have a wealth of knowledge, creative ideas and a grasp of how those things can be used to enhance magic.” – Steve Faulker
- “I read everything Rory writes. His thinking is incisive and useful and often leads me in directions I wouldn’t have considered on my own.” – Nate Staniforth
We can genuinely say it’s a great service.
We’ve read 100+ of Rory and co’s articles, known him for over a year and regularly frequent the site.
Rory and the team at One Ahead are creating magic content that genuinely just cannot be found elsewhere.
Usually, it’s hidden behind a pay wall, but here’s a couple of articles that you can read for free as a sample taster…
- How Big Names in Magic Get Their First TV Shows
- How I Confronted the Magician Who Pirated My Magic Product
We have no idea what the future of magic will look like, but we think One Ahead will be one of the voices that shape it.
Here are Rory’s own words on one of the most important questions this generation of magicians will need to face…
“What exactly is the future of magic? Is there a future of magic? I think we think about it because magic changes a lot. It wasn’t long ago when magic was defined by sparkly dancers and big fancy stage illusions being wheeled onto TV studio floors.
What causes the world of magic to change? How will it keep adapting?
You can learn a lot about the future by looking at the past. The truth is that external factors have always defined magic. Were sparkly dresses and big stag illusions popular long ago because people loved them, or was it because TV cameras were too big and heavy to wheel onto the streets for close up magic specials?
The entry point for magic is changing, and it’s changing quite rapidly. I think it’s crucial we track the entry point for magic as it so crucially defines the magic of the following twenty years. David Copperfield was the entry point for a generation of magicians, and he defined said generation. Then came a generation of people who discovered magic via David Blaine, and as such, we got a bunch of Blaine wannabes.”
In fact, we genuinely believe his work is set to become the new ‘front page’ of magic.
How many magic principles are well-known by consultants and TV magicians but unknown by most of the community?
Most of the greatest methods are hard to package up and sell as simple products, and so often fail to reach the wider magic market.
One Ahead is a diamond, in a sea of zircons.
Below we’ve highlighted some of our favourite pieces of content found inside the One Ahead membership…
Famous methods and powerful routines:
- A self-working lottery prediction, super easy, performed solo with a genuine printed ticket (published January 6th 2022)
- A book test that works with any book, no app, no memory work, no peeking (published December 2nd 2021)
- A deceptive method for a casual ACAAN effect (published January 12th 2023)
- Make a signed coin appear anywhere (published June 2nd 2022)
- How the best magicians use the incredibly risky ‘mishear’ convincer to create more fooling magic tricks (published May 18th 2023)
- One of the dumbest and most satisfying TV magic forces (published December 1st 2022)
- How big-name magicians rely on the secret ‘put-pocketing’ principle to enhance their magic (published June 1st 2023)
- How do you duplicate a signature? Everything Rory learned from doing this for ten years (published June 9th 2022)
- How the best magicians use multiple-outs (published March 31st 2022)
Top Level Consultancy:
- 5 good reasons magicians should consider using a confederate for their performances—and also why ‘card through window’ is so underrated (published September 22nd 2022)
- The secret ‘caveman exercise’ to write better scripts and stories (published October 14th 2021)
- A masterclass from Derren Brown on dealing with challenging spectators on TV (published June 17th 2021)
- Advice for performing stage magic on TV—illusion secrets you only learn from experience (published July 8th 2021)
- Make $1 million with a magic product the secret “tricky ten” formula to spot best selling tricks (published September 9th 2021)
- How to figure out how much to charge for your services—and one of the biggest mistakes performers usually make (published June 14th 2022)
- The best ‘pre-show’ techniques, a consultants look a the ins and outs of ‘pre-show’ (published April 8th 2021)
Latest news and ‘deep dive’ stories:
- A breakdown of the new King’s lifelong passion for magic—how he became a member of The Magic Circle and which trick he performed in his audition. (September 14th 2022)
- A deep dive into the topic of anonymity in magic and why Rory paid a private investigator to tell him the identity of Mr Blonde (November 10th 2022)
- The almost unbelievable problem facing Chinese magicians (published January 7th 2021)
- Can NFTs fix the magic industry—$13,000 for a digital playing card!? (December 16th 2021)
- The magician with 200 million views the magic community hasn’t noticed—and how he’s shaping the future of magic (published March 23rd 2023)
- 20 years of alleged deception and a 15 year feud has led up to perhaps some of the biggest drama the magic product industry has ever seen—the timeline (published February 9th, 2023)
- A baseball scandal that inspired two magicians to use magic to solve a problem the sport faced—and changed baseball forever (published May 17th 2023)
These are just a few of the 200+ articles available to full members at One Ahead.
We truly believe One Ahead, is a worthwhile an investment and we cannot recommend it highly enough!
You can sign up for below and get 30 days FULL access to One Ahead for Free!
Did you know?
Every week at The Daily Magician, we explore a new idea within magic—and our readers come along for the journey.
Whether we’re pulling apart the science of creativity, brainstorming methods with world-class magicians, or discovering what card tricks look like in Vietnam, we’ll take you ‘behind the curtain’ with us.
To sign up, click below and enter your email: