Today we wanted to talk to you about the coins across routine, a legendary classic that has stood the test of time…
…and there’s a good reason why:
Back to the initial question:
What are the best coins across routines?
The answer is subjective but in my opinion (and the opinion of many other coin magicians) the use of a shell cleans up a lot of unnecessary handling associated with the sleight of hand, and extra coin methods!
The three best coins across routines I have ever seen invented are:
- Voyage by Danny Goldsmith
- David Roth Shells Across
- Derek Dingle’s Silver Quick
- Bonus: Micheal Gallo’s Easy Coin Across
Number 3: Derek Dingle’s Silver Quick
Effect: Four coins are shown in your hand and one at a time they vanish and appear on the spectator’s open palm as you wave your hand over it, after you convince them that your hand is empty. This is repeated until the finale where the last coin vanishes and appears in their closed fist. Everything is examinable at the end.
Number 2: David Roth Shells Across
Effect: Four coins are displayed in one hand and one at a time they cleanly vanish from that hand and appear in the other. As a finale the last coin jumps from your hand and appears in the spectator’s. Everything is examinable at the end.
Number 1: Voyage by Danny Goldsmith
Voyage is an exploration of ‘coins across’ that transcends the visual limitations of the plot and adds juicy layers of audible deception.
What You’ll Learn:
- NAVI: 3 different coins fly through the air and into the awaiting hand, 1 by 1, without the hands EVER coming together. It doesn’t get cleaner than this!
- SILVER ECHOES: A 4 coin ‘coins across’ where the deception is layered with audible tricks, as well as visuals. You hear the coins leave one hand and arrive in the other, but with closed fists and nothing to see. The last coin vanishes so impossibly with COMPLETELY EMPTY HANDS to magically travel to the spectators hand! it just HAS to be magic.
- DRAGON FLY: A flawless 3-fly of silver coins that are shown cleanly the entire way through. This routine ends with all 3 coins jumping back ALL AT ONCE! You’ll never see a more deceptive, gimmickless 3-fly.
All 3 routines are completely gimmickless and possible with your choice of coins.
Bonus: Micheal Gallo’s Easy Coin Across
Effect: A devious version in the coins across theme that uses just three coins and a shell to allow for a clean and direct looking routine.
Well that it for today folks!
We really appreciate you taking the time to read this!
If you want to hear more from us than we highly recommend you sign up for our daily newsletter where we show magicians, like yourself, how to get the maximum results out of everything they do—from practice to performance—by studying timeless principles of success found both inside and outside of magic.