“Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move…”
It all started with one insane thought…
“If I can vanish SIX 12-inch laserdiscs with one hand – that’ll be REAL magic!”
“Wouldn’t it be cool if you could simply hold an object in your hand and literally make it vanish right in front of a spectator’s very eyes with almost no cover, no gimmicks, and seemingly nowhere for the object to go?”
Well, if that sounds like the type of trick you’d love to learn then you’re in the right place because in this post we’ll be talking about how cycling coach, Chris Wojtowich (Woj) blew up on tick tock with his revolutionary Laserdisc magic.
If you’re interested in learning magic like Woj, read till the end where I’ll be revealing how to access the methods behind these incredible vanishes!
Woj’s journey in magic…
Woj was first introduced to magic by his Dad, who showed him a few little tricks as a kid and for a time Woj got really into magic. Things fizzled down and it wasn’t until college that he learned a couple of card tricks again, that were mostly the mathematical sort.
Decades later, magic a forgotten hobby of the past, Woj was looking things up on youtube to do with his kids when he stumbled across a card routine with an impressive snap-change. After realising how easy it was to perform, Woj started learning one to two card tricks a month, although it didn’t really go anywhere.
It wasn’t until a year later (2019) after posting a simple coin-through-bottle trick on instagram that things really took off! A recruiter, despite the simplicity of the trick, loved what he saw and made Woj an exciting offer…
Woj was asked by the recruiter if he could post around 40 educational magic videos on tick tock for $1,500 dollars. Realising he didn’t have much experience Woj started plundering his way through the magic market, buying Danny Goldsmith’s tutorial on coin magic and another from Jeffery Wang.
Realising he had to learn on the fly, Woj would wake up early every morning and would search through tutorial videos after tutorial videos.
One of those times he came across a magician, called Branden Wolf, who taught Woj a coin vanishing trick that he’d never seen before. Woj learned it, was amazed by it, and started to fall in love performing with coins.
During his project Chris got sent a video of Florian Sainvient doing a vanishing disc performance on America’s Got Talent.
He found some old CD’s his wife had stored away for the last 20 years and started attempting coin tricks with them.
What Chris lacked in experience in the magic world, he made up for it with his background in athletics over the last 30 years.
He dedicated 20 hours a week practising coin sleights using CD’s and he recorded and re-watched almost every single minute of it sometimes frame by frame.
And that’s when it happened…
Chris made a mistake while doing a classic vanish and noticed something very unusual when reviewing the recording.
The CD magically disappeared with basically no cover.
Woj was convinced it must have been an anomaly so he tried it again, and again. 5 minutes later he managed to repeat it! 4 years later, with over 20 MILLION views, 600k+ likes and 20k+ followers, Woj has discovered a niche of magic that has magicians and fans alike scratching their heads in wonder…
His journey from his early days, to the present has both been exhilarating and excruciating but one thing is clear: no one has a clue how he does what he does!
If you’d like to learn more about Woj’s story then we highly recommend you take a listen to our podcast with him where you’ll learn…
*Incredible insights into the digital world of magic we often overlook!
Woj’s Greatest Hits: Our Top 3!
Now whatever your opinions on social media/TikTok magic, you have to admit – this stuff looks AMAZING.
But whether you’re a magician or just a magic fan, you probably have one of three questions:
- Does this magic work in person, or is it just for social media?
- Do I need huge hands?
- Isn’t he just dropping everything in his lap/can I do this standing up?
All very legitimate queries (and questions we’ve asked ourselves) so here are the answers you deserve:
Answer 1: This magic DOES work in person.
If you’re vanishing smaller CD’s/Vinyl’s it’s extremely angle proof, but for Laserdisc’s and large vinyl’s you will need to put a bit of distance between you and a larger audience.
(which makes sense when you’re working with such large props – they have to go somewhere…)
Answer 2: NO you don’t need huge hands.
Of course it does help with some of the concealment, but children have performed the very same vanishes you’ve just seen…
If they can pull it off, we’re sure you’ll be able to handle it!
Answer 3: NO he’s not just dropping everything in his lap, and this can be done standing up.
(but of course, this project does feature a lot of lap work!)
It’s not real magic right?
So the CD’s, Laserdiscs, and Vinyl’s have to go SOMEWHERE, but this method can also be applied standing up, as seen in the videos above!
(the standing method is of course more angle sensitive, as with most table vs standing magic!)
All the methods taught specifically in this project are shown with a table, but can be applied elsewhere.
(and by the way – there are no gaffs or camera tricks involved…)
For the first time Chris has decided to share his well kept secret with the magic world opening up a new door to what was previously thought possible.
This new project CD3PO (CD 3 Point O) is being released exclusively with the Daily Magician and features…
1. The ‘Unretention Vanish‘
* This is NOT ‘the drop’ (which is why it’ll fool magicians and lay people alike)
* Will teach you how to manipulate timing with the flow of your body (this may sound strange, but magicians do this ALL the time
* Chris’s ‘go-to trick’ with CD’s (that can be performed in a completely impromptu setting…)
* The trick to making a large CD almost completely invisible (this can be done with one hand, and only takes a few seconds to understand
2. The ‘CD Slide Switch’
* Incorporates a classic finger palm from coin magic in an ingenious fashion
* Why body positioning of just a few inches is MAKE or BREAK when it comes to a colour change illusion like this one.
* How to make gravity work like a machine gun
* How to make CD ‘do the work for you’ simply by placing them in the right order (this trick is a real self-worker once you get a few basic mechanics down…)
3. The ‘Freakout Vanish Routine’
* Incorporates a genius display of misdirection (that shines new light on the magicians rule ‘never do the same trick twice.’
* Features a crucial tip on t-shirt colouring, and reveals why you might have just been wearing the wrong colour this whole time
* How to make a falling object ENTIRELY invisible
* Requires VERY LITTLE sleight of hand
4. The ‘Combo Mombo CD and Record Routine’
* Allows you to both make appear and vanish a Vinyl FOUR TIMES the size of your head as if it was nothing (when you find out where he’s hiding it, you’ll be forced to laugh…)
* Makes use of the fabled ‘magic wand principle’
* Literally makes you look as if you took two CDs and turned them into a huge Vinyl.
* Teaches you how to produce absolutely NO SOUND while performing this routine – despite throwing around 2 CDS and a Vinyl
Well that it for today folks!
We really appreciate you taking the time to read this!
If you want to hear more from us than we highly recommend you sign up for our daily newsletter where we show magicians, like yourself, how to get the maximum results out of everything they do—from practice to performance—by studying timeless principles of success found both inside and outside of magic.